Monday, June 15, 2009

Seize the moments...

I had a great day today!

It was full and tiring, but I had a great day- and the kiddos were great- which makes ALL the difference in the world!

Today was the first time in a long time- ever? maybe?- that I spent a weekday at home without Ashlyn from start to finish. I work from home on Mondays, and in the past, when she's with her dad for the weekend, I've either picked her up from her dad's on Sunday night or on the rare occassion, just picked her up Monday morning or Monday after school or whatever... So to be without her for the full day on a Monday without school is weird... I'm really stoked about her splitting the summer evenly between the houses- I can actually say that now- which is weird. And the week with her is really cool! But the week without her is kinda rough. I haven't seen or talked to her since dropping her off at Band Camp at 9 on Friday, and that is a big bummer......

SO. I decided to seize the day. The twins have started to take only one nap a day (...........................................*moment of silence*....................................................), but to push naptime off until it's closer to the middle of the day than to the earlier nap of 2 naps, they have to be pretty entertained. Which is fairly easy to do, and when done right, they are great. It's not a 'delaying the inevitable meltdown' type of situation. There's pretty much one rule- take them out of the house. Which is kind of nice, but kind of a pain at the same time. If I just want to hang out in my pajamas and chill in the living room with the toys and the kiddos all morning, it ends up being a LOT more difficult to entertain them, and the meltdowns are many...

SO- when we got all cleaned up after breakfast and dressed in street clothes, we went for a LONG walk filled with lots of fun. I walked from my house down to Sunflower Market, because I LOVE their produce and needed some fruit. For those of you that may not know- that's FAR pushing a stroller full of kids! Then I took the kids to the park, which was FAR in another direction completely, kiddos munching on grapes the whole way. Simon made sure to hand one back for me every so often- he's so darn cute... We had a blast at the park- Ellie enjoying the ample opportunity to people watch and Simon jumping and running everywhere- and about an hour and a half later, I completed the triangle and walked home. It was a long morning, but the kiddos were great, and we were all pooped after that! How I wish I could take one nap a day- or a week, actually! I'll settle for one a week!!!

After lunch, they napped and I got some work done- all through through a thunder and hail storm. My Prince got home shortly after I got Queen B and the King up and we all hung out in the living room- well, I was in the kitchen making food- and ate dinner before heading up to bath time. I decided to seize the day for what it was and make it something enjoyable. And it was a really fun day! Busy AND productive- I LOVE it when that happens. We even got 3 loads of laundry washed and dried! I'll fold it tomorrow...

I busied myself so that I wouldn't feel what's missing... And ended up having a great day with Simon and Ellie! So it worked! Mostly...

Princess P

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That is a long walk from your house! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete