Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summers Rock!

Sorry, but I did say that it might be a while between posts... Sorry about that. I will give you lots of pictures as compensation for the delay.

Life has been hectic and crazy lately- especially over the 4th of July weekend. I took Thursday off all to myself (OMG- you can do that?!?!)- I had a rough morning (WHINY King, Queen B split her head open and POURED her blood all over my concrete... you know- the usual trying to get out the door in the morning...), spent some time paying bills and balancing my checkbook (I love it- sick, I know...), and went to see Transformers 2 all by myself with my own popcorn laced with Milk Duds during the afternoon- it was GREAT, BTW...

Anyway- Friday, the whole fam damily (my Prince was given the day off by the hounds of hell his bosses- yay!) went swimming at City Park with some of my favoritest friends. No pictures though because my camera isn't waterproof. Maybe I'll post some pics if someone shares theirs... We got rained out, which turned out to be great, because we took the opportunity to go across the street to the park to play and have lunch, rode the train when it got sunny- which the King LOVED so very much, AND we got free passes for going back to the pool later this summer!! Win/Win!

Saturday- went to Civic Center Park for 4th of July stuff around lunch time (BORING and overpriced). No pictures because... well, I forgot my camera. What did I say? NO promises!! Barbeque that evening with some friends- fabulous time!


Some friends and my Prince gathered around the grill... It took all 4 of them... For Brats and hot dogs... LOL Just kidding, my Prince!


Queen A doing what a good 12 yr old does- playing her DS instead of being social...


My BFF, who chose to be rather piratey that day for some reason...


BFF's daughter with a big purple dragon facepainting... I had to use LOTS of makeup remover to get this off- AFTER her shower...


The King found Queen A's DS- look how excited he is about it! He knows it will be fun until she finds him- and OH the reaction he'll get when she does!!


Queen B worked on this masterpiece for quite a while- it was very colorful! And then, I turned around. And all of a sudden, the crayons were all over the floor...


We got rained out- i.e. we were not willing able to attempt attendance at the fireworks- but Queen B and the King were thrilled to put their sparkley 4th of July hats on and play in the water that pooled in the chairs. (Sorry for the dark picture- it was too cute, but I didn't want to leave the covered porch to take the picture- again, camera not waterproof...)


After the rain, we got a nice double rainbow display- I love rainbows. The first one was really bright, with a double to join it, which is just cool...

So THEN, after an awesome 3 days, and an awesome service by Jeff Lucas that morning, I went to an INDIGO GIRLS concert Sunday night at MISHAWAKA (SO AWESOME!!!):



with my BFF:

(This is the ONLY picture she will let me post! Lame...)


(Shhh- don't tell her- I liked this one too...)


(and this one, cuz we're silly like that- I love her so much!!)

While I was gone, the Queen B had an epic meltdown because her fingernail (smashed in a doorjam a month ago) finally fell off:

That was within days of The Smash. Thanks, Prince- for the picture! And for being such a wonderful daddy to all our little royalty...

AND THEN (YES- there's MORE!!), the kiddos and I went to Windsor Lake on Monday, which was SUPER fun- even the King's Froggy (His Highness' prized stuffed animal that goes positively EVERYWHERE with the King- a MUST for daycare and naptimes, and... well... most other places) took a dip. (Don't worry- He got kidnapped in the middle of the night for a washing...) No pictures because not only is my camera not waterproof, it is also not sandproof. Again, may add someone else's pics once I can steal them through the internets... We'll see- I may have forgotten moved on by then...



That was one more photo for good measure (too many?)- I just couldn't not add it. My little King is so good with his breathing treatments nowadays- he will finally hold the mask for himself and is even really stingy about it! They get to watch TV, and sometimes, the Queen B will 'help' her brother keep the mask on his face... It's bittersweet- I hate that he has to do this at all...

Anyway- that was just over the last 5 days- this whole summer has been NUTS like that!! Hope your summer has been just as awesome.

A wise woman once said that "since she isn't a 'spring chicken' anymore she must be in the summer of her life. And summers rock. :)" I couldn't agree more...

Princess P

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekend! I'm glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally caught up on the blog! I also <3 summertime. Hoping we can get together soon.

    Love ya!
    Mal

    ReplyDelete