Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I told you so...

In my defense, I did say that it could be a long time in between posts... The last few months have been really busy. I know- you're thinking- "Is she going to start all her posts that way?" Well....... Maybe....... This time, it was a ridiculously long time- I may actually be the worst blogger ever. Oh well... You're reading this nonsense- what does that say about you?

So I'm going to stop thinking that each post should be something great and just type what I have time for when I have time for it. I'm going to stop thinking that every post has to be some great pictoral overview of some great event or a montage of the last month. I'll just drop some gems whenever they come to me or I feel like sharing and you'll either care to stick around or not, I suppose!

So here's something I've really been thinking about and trying to focus on lately: I've decided to really try to focus on the positive from now on. So cliche- I know- but I'm going to do my best to stop letting the stress and frustration overwhelm me and instead- do my best, remember that I can only do what I can do, and celebrate the results. I'm going to live in the moment- not in an 'I don't care what tomorrow holds' kind of way, but more of an 'I'm going to be engaged in each experience and not spend each moment worrying about something I didn't get done and keeping on top of the living To-Do list in my head' kind of way. So this should be interesting. I am really having fun enjoying my family lately- Ashlyn is at an age where I really want to make sure we retain our close relationship. The twins are at an age that is really fun and also demanding. And I am so lucky to have my bestest friend at my side- I'd prefer to spend more time enjoying his company. So I'm going to try to make it a priority to spend more time enjoying this season of my life. The bottom line is this: whatever comes after this life, I'd hate to look back and wish that I'd snagged more kisses and hugs or had that one important conversation with Ashlyn or that I'd spent more quality time with my husband. I don't think there's any chance of me looking back and wishing that I hadn't been 3 days late for that deadline or that I had included more info on that spreadsheet or that my meals were more elaborate and my house was cleaner! So I'm going to enjoy my family while my kids are still young and I can enjoy them. I'm going to enjoy the wonderful friends that we are so blessed to have in our lives. I'm going to be proud of the work I do and leave it at that. I'm going to be the best person I can be, do what I can, and not stress about what I can't. Because that's one of the biggest challenges for me- I feel bad all. the. time. I over extend myself and then I feel bad because I'm spread so thin that instead of succeeding at a few things, I'm just not succeeding at more things. And I'm going to remember that to take care of others, I need to take care of myself... Okay... enough of that... I'm getting carried away.

Anyway- We had some significant things happen since I posted last including the twins turning 2 in August, my sister's wedding in October and of course, the holidays- which were SO fun with the kiddos this year! So I'll leave you with some pictures to enjoy! Thanks for your patience and I'll see you next time!


What an adorable boy- so cool in his shades... They're always upside down...


And my gorgeous gal in her shades. For the record, neither one will actually wear their sunglasses to avoid the sunlight...


My kiddos love their very own picnic table!




The twins celebrated their birthday party with a bunch of friends on the train at the City Park- what a blast!!




We do this all the time and this is what I end up with- nothing ever worth putting in a frame or anything- just goofy shots of giggles and them trying to see the LCD screen of the camera... I'll take it! :D


We love our fire pit!!


I went to Chicago for work in September and got to visit Wrigley Field! Yay!


Ashlyn's first day of Junior High- can you believe it?!


What a wonderful site- such nerdly little children we have...

Here come the pics from my sis' wedding:

These are my beautiful sisters- Bethany (the bride) and Emily...


Emily and her husband 'Unkah Mike'


This is one of the better pictures of me, in my opinion- oh, and those kids aren't bad either!


This is the happy Parmenter 5 all dressed up at the same time- only time it's ever happened. And no- the purple background was NOT on purpose! Too much!


Bethany and Ellie in their matching red satin shoes


Me and my love!


My brother David- one of the other leading men in my life- I heart him so!


Ashlyn caught the bouquet for like- the THIRD time or something crazy... And how old does she look here?!?! She looks like 16 or something- just beautiful...


Shame- this was the best of Bethany and my new Brother-in-Law Jeremy... That I have, anyway.


Halloween- Princess Leia, Darth Vader and the gypsy


Craig and I were lucky and got to go to a Broncos game where we got to sit in a box and hang out on the field for about an hour before hand- it was a blast!


He couldn't have been happier...


See- they all turn out goofy...

Home stretch now, I promise:

Then we had a storm and the kids got bundled up and played in it for like- an HOUR and it was awesome.




Then at some point, we decorated for Christmas and they loved it so much they just wanted to lay on it and be near it...


Then we decorated Christmas cookies and Ellie did far more taste testing than frosting...


Then I stood in line for an hour to see Santa Claus so that my kids could sit on his lap and scream like he was on fire for 30 seconds.

Whew!!! Okay, so much for not wanting to share lengthy picture montages- I just can't help it- we've had a lot of fun since I last posted and I wanted to share! Now on to shorter and sweeter posts in the future... See you then!


Princess P

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! Has Craig lost more weight? He looks great! Ashlyn's hair is so cute! The twins are getting so big! And you're beautiful as usual. You have the bestest smile!

    I ♥ You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still read it, sometimes I do question if you'll ever post though...lol
    Love the pictures, love the idea of being positive (I had been doing well, now it's fallen apart again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara! Yeah- Craig is really doing well- I am not... I LOVE Ashlyn's hair that way- it's so easy for her to take care of, which is key! And aw shucks... thanks!

    Erin- you are so right- I really do need to post more often... I just barely want to look at the computer when I get home from work, where I stare at it quite a bit!

    And yes, I love the idea of being positive too- it's not easy. In fact, I completely lost the battle last week. Thursday and Friday were ROUGH, and I was NOT a good example to my children. Stress got the best of me, but I picked up and moved on, so we'll see how that works... LOL

    Thanks for reading, you guys!! I <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete